(Jwplayer)

September 28, 2015

#ATTACK?? Unidentified elderly couple brutally assaulted during a brutal attack in Sea Cow Lake, Durban, at the weekend

"they then began to beat my husband, and when I had nothing more to give, they became violent with me...

They were slapping my husband and they threw me to the ground. One of then came and punched me twice in the face and he had a knife at my neck and I kept trying to push him away. I thought he was going to cut my throat and I was so scared. I had nothing more to give them,"


Durban - An elderly woman was punched in the face and had a knife held to her throat during a brutal attack in Sea Cow Lake, Durban, at the weekend.
The 67-year-old, who requested anonymity as her attackers remain at large, told of her terror during the ordeal where both she and her husband were assaulted.
"We were just about to close the shop [a supermarket she and her husband own] and I went into the car which was parked nearby. I think they [a group of armed men] were waiting for us because my husband locked up the shop and before he could even sit down they were around him," she said.  
"They shouted at him to give them the keys, but I had them so I passed them to him and then one of them came around and opened my door. Then they took me out and they were shouting at me to give... the money and I gave him both my cell phones," she added.
She told of how they then began to beat her husband, and when she had nothing more to give, they became violent with her.
"They were slapping my husband and they threw me to the ground. One of then came and punched me twice in the face and he had a knife at my neck and I kept trying to push him away. I thought he was going to cut my throat and I was so scared. I had nothing more to give them," she said.
In the scuffle, another employee was shot by one of the robbers.
"He was also waiting for us to lock up, but the bullet just grazed his arm... he was very lucky," she said.
"I thought he was going to cut my throat and I was so scared. At that moment our lives were more important than the car," she added.
The woman said that moments later, the thieves had crashed the car in their haste to escape, having stolen nothing from the supermarket.   
http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/I-thought-he-was-going-to-cut-my-throat-elderly-robbery-victim-20150928