(Jwplayer)

June 29, 2016

#ATTACK: Survived: Afrikaner man, Christo Barnard 45, is recovering after he was attacked by two Zulu men who threw him off the bridge across the N2 off Umdoni Road, Tuesday, 28 June 2016


GENOCIDE VICTIM:  Christo Barnard is recovering at home after being attacked and thrown off the Umdoni Road bridge on Tuesday, 28 June.
CCPO, Blue Security, Metro Police and ET Rapid Response members apprehend the two black attackers who threw Christo Barnard from the Umdoni Road bridge after they robbed him of his cellphone on Tuesday morning, 28 June
#StopWhiteGenocideInSA

Survived: Christo Barnard 45, is recovering  after he was attacked by two Zulu men who threw him off the bridge across the N2 off Umdoni Road, Tuesday, 28 June 2016 "I was in a lot of pain, but I tried to fight them off.." --  The Afrikaner man is recovering at home. Barnard (45)  was walking towards Galleria and crossed onto the bridge when he noticed two men sitting on the barrier. “I was alert for danger, but not suspicious of them,” he said. “One asked me for a light. I gave him my lighter, but when he battled to light a *stompie (*cigarette butt) he had in his hand, I realised something was up.The other guy had moved behind me. I tried to push past the one in front, but both grabbed me and threw me over the side.”Christo clung onto one of his attackers who fell overr the side with him. “The other one ran down the embankment. I landed on my back. I was in a lot of pain, but I tried to fight them off.”One of the thugs rifled through Christo’s pockets while the Afrikaner victim scuffled with his accomplice.“He grabbed my cellphone out of my pocket and shouted something in Zulu to his friend. I thought they were going to stab me, but both ran into the bush.”Christo tried to flag down passing vehicles and eventually someone Bobby stopped. They phoned SAPS but the police 'couldn’t pinpoint their position from their description'.“Then a tow truck stopped driven by Bobby Hale. He probably thought there was something wrong with the vehicle that had stopped for me. I gave Bobby a description of the two Zulu men and he radioed for help. I was amazed when they radioed back to say they had caught the guys. It must have only been 10 minutes after I was attacked.”After identifying his attackers and opening a case at the police station, Christo went to hospital to have X-rays done. “On Wednesday I managed to stand up, but I still couldn’t walk,” he said. “I have a big family to support, so I can’t afford to not work. It was a very scary experience for me, but I’m just grateful to everyone who helped catch the guys.” 


#StopWhiteGenocideInSA