(Jwplayer)

November 4, 2015

#ATTACK: 62-year-old Pat Reddy beaten, shot in his Strathay Road home on Monday


Durban man beaten, shot as he fights off home invaders

Durban - An elderly Westville homeowner grappled with balaclava-clad home invaders before he was beaten and shot in the buttocks on Monday.
Two gunmen confronted 62-year-old Pat Reddy as he prepared to leave his Strathay Road home.
"I was at my door and I had my laptop in my bag. As I was walking out there were two men on top of me, one of them had a gun," he said.
"When I tried to defend myself they hit me on the head with the butt of the gun. At that point I lost my vision because there was blood in my eyes."
Reddy said one of his attackers had repeatedly threatened to shoot him.
"I don’t know what it was, but I reached a point where I decided to take them on. That is how frustrated I have become. I told him to shoot me if he wanted.
"This is the third time I have had intruders on my property, but this is the first time they have managed to get inside," Reddy said.
After subduing Reddy, the two men pushed their way into the house and held his son and nephew at gunpoint, raiding the house for electronic equipment and other valuables.
"I had got up and gone to my wife who was outside by the washing line. When they were leaving they fired one shot [that] ricocheted off a wall and hit me in the buttocks.
"I am just happy that my family is alright," Reddy said.   
Reddy was treated at the scene by Rescue Care paramedics, before being rushed to hospital
http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Durban-man-beaten-shot-as-he-fights-off-home-invaders-20151103

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA