(Jwplayer)

September 2, 2015

ATTACK: 71-year-old #AFRIKANER woman was reportedly assaulted at an old age home in Kensington



Woman allegedly assaulted at retirement home


Ms Margaret Meintjies, who said she was assaulted for no apparent reason.
Ms Margaret Meintjies, who said she was assaulted for no apparent reason.

The Cleveland SAPS is investigating a case of common assault after a 71-year-old woman was reportedly assaulted at an old age home in Kensington on Saturday, August 15.

Ms Margaret Meintjies said she was punched in the face by a man in his late 30s, at the De Wetshof Retirement Village in Kensington.

“I saw him standing at my friend’s doorstep. I went to him and asked if I could help him. I told him my friend was not in. He asked if I was Margaret. I said yes. Before I could say anything else, I was down. He punched me in the face. He pushed me to the rose bushes. I fell and hit my head on a brick. For a moment I did not know where I was, or what was happening,” she said.

She sustained swelling to the face; while her neck, leg and arm were also bruised.

Ms Meintjies said a security guard saw what was happening but did nothing to help her.

According to Constable Mpho Mashakane, the Cleveland SAPS communications officer, no arrests have been made but investigations are continuing.

An inquiry was sent to the De Wetshof Retirement Village’s manager, Mr Luvuyo Binga. Mr Biga directed the EXPRESS to Ms Bubu Xuba, the assistant director of communications.

Although the EXPRESS could not get hold of Ms Xuba., Mr Binga said comment would be provided.

The EXPRESS requested comment by August 25 at 9am. At the time of going to print, no comment was received.


http://bedfordviewedenvalenews.co.za/266065/woman-allegedly-assaulted-at-retirement-home/



ALSO READ:

Video: Carte Blanche investigate brutal attack on elderly lady at a upmarket home for the aged

Survives assaults with fists: Hope Shepherd, 84, frail patient in posh care home: pummeled with fists by black carer

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA